UCEED 2020 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, under the guidance of the UCEED-CEED Implementation Committee 2020.
UCEED 2020 is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign). Candidates seeking admission to the Bachelor Degree programme in Design (B. Des.) at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati (IITG), Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH), and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur (IIITDMJ) must appear in UCEED 2020.
IDC School of Design previously known as Industrial Design Centre (IDC) at IIT Bombay has a well-established Master of Design degree (M. Des) programme in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation Design, Interaction Design & Mobility and Vehicle Design as well as a Ph. D programme in Design.
From the year 2015 onwards, IDC started offering a four year, eight semester Bachelor of Design (B. Des) programme
TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION IN U-CEED 2020
An applicant is required to fulfill the following 3 criteria.
Criterion 1 – Age limit:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1995 if belonging to the OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and, on or after October 1, 1990 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
Criterion 2 – UCEED qualification:
The candidate should have qualified, i.e., obtained a rank in UCEED 2020.
Criterion 3 – Qualifying examination:
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2019 or 2020. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible.
- Candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Math’s as subjects are eligible to apply to all the four institutes.
- Candidates from any other stream (Science without Math’s or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
- There will be ONE question paper of total 3 hours
- The question paper will be in
- The question paper will carry a total of 300
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part A and Part B. Questions from both the parts are compulsory.
Details from both the parts are given below:
PART-A (Total marks: 240 marks; Maximum time: 2 hours 30 mins)
- Part-A of the question paper will be administered through a computer based
- Part-A of the question paper will consist of 3
Section 1: NAT (Numerical Answer Type):18 questions (4 marks each; no negative marks). For these questions, the answer is a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyboard in the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Ques.): 18 questions (4 marks each; 0.19 negative marks). Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the four given choices.
Section 3: MCQ (Multiple Choice Ques.): 32 questions (3 marks each; 0.71 negative marks). Each MCQ has four choices out of which only one is the correct answer.
PART-B (Total marks: 60 marks; Maximum time: 30 mins)
- Part-B consists of one question that is aimed at testing drawing skills which will require subjective evaluation. The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator
- Part-B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the
- Part-B question is
- The entire paper (both Part-A and Part-B) must be finished within overall time duration of 3 hours.
UCEED 2020 will have two parts. Part-A will have questions from the following topics:
- Visualization and spatial ability: Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific
- Observation and design sensitivity: Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analysing, reasoning, classifying, inferring and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic
- Environmental and social awareness: General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and
- Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and
- Language and creativity: Ability to understand and use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the
- Design thinking and problem solving: Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options and select
Part-B will have question from the following topic:
- Drawing: Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective and
SEATS AVAILABLE FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021
MINIMUM PRESCRIBED MARKS FOR INCLUSION IN THE RANK LIST
Certificate from Principal / Head of the Department
This to certify that Mr. / Ms. is enrolled as a student at our School/ College
(name of School / College) for the Class XII / diploma. He / She is from stream.
Current status of study (please tick one of the following options):
- He / She is currently in the final year of the Class XII/ diploma.
- He / She appeared in the final semester / year examination of the Class XII / diploma but has a backlog (fail / arrear) to be cleared from an earlier semester / year, and therefore cannot produce a course completion certificate now.
Signature of Principal / Vice Principal: Office seal of School/ College: